We carry around an unprecedented amount of information on our smartphones AND we bring our phones with us almost everywhere. Each app on our devices has the potential to access this information. If you're not thoughtfully reviewing requests for access before giving permisson, now is the time to start. Also prepare for the unfortunate event of losing your phone.
- Why does this Android App Need So Many Permissions?
- Apple Requires User Permission Before Apps Can Access Personal Data
4 TIPS TO OUTSMART YOUR PHONE
- Password protect your device
- Enroll in a back-up/wiping program (see additional resources below)
- Double-check the privacy settings for apps
- Watch where and what you download and upload